After researching for kitchen hardware for cabinets in the past year, I created the Top Five ways of kitchen hardware ideas that you need to know before buying them. Trying to keep up with the kitchen hardware trends of today is virtually impossible and seemingly a never-ending decision-making process. There are so many current styles of kitchen hardware to choose from that it will just overwhelm you.
It’s essential to clear up all of the amounts of information surrounding the kinds of kitchen cabinet hardware that is out there. It comes down to being educated on the basics about their meaning and purpose. The more clarity and in-depth knowledge you can gain on cabinet door hardware, the better off you will be in completing your kind of interior kitchen design.
What kitchen cabinet knobs and handles are used for?
Kitchen hardware knobs and pulls are the most common types of cabinet hardware that is readily available at kitchen cabinet stores and home improvement stores. They are consistently recognized for their ease and functionality. Kitchen cabinet knobs and pulls are specially designed and constructed to meet our physical demands. The pulling action of knobs and handles with our hands enables us to open and close kitchen cabinet doors and drawers easily.
Here is a short list of cabinet knobs and pulls that will explain what to look for and how to apply them to the cabinet kitchen design.
- Knobs and pulls can be attached to either kitchen cabinet doors or drawer fronts. There are no hard set rules that state you must strictly attach knobs to specific doors and pulls to particular drawers. It’s just a matter of personal preference on the type of look that will attractively complement the kitchen cabinet designs.
- Knobs and pulls do not have to be combined or blended. You can strictly mount knobs on all door faces and all drawer fronts only. The vice versa would apply to installing just pulls throughout the entire kitchen cabinet layout as well.
- Knobs are simple and basic regarding visual appearance. They tend to be small in size compared to pulls which visually appear much more significant in proportion. Knobs are stylishly ideal if you prefer the minimalist look within the kitchen design layout.
- Pulls offer more hardware for the hands to grasp. Pulls are broader and thicker for more natural movement. They have enough substance to hold onto if you have physical disabilities or restrictions like Arthritis for instance.
- Knobs and pulls are the finishing touches to the kitchen cabinets. They are the crowning jewels that express the beauty of the kitchen layouts and design. Get samples of them from the retailers to visualize how they will appear in the kitchen.
Kitchen knobs and handles are not only for kitchen cabinets but several other things too. Home furnishings like china cabinets, nightstands and dressers are a few of the types of furnishing pieces that require knobs and handles. Explore a free standing jewelry armoire with several drawers and doors that will safely stash your jewelry pieces today!